Archive for March, 2019
Why You’ll Fall in Love with Lab Puppies
When it comes to an all around family dog, there’s no doubt that the Labrador Retriever fits the bill! They are a staple in American homes. Lab puppies are popular and loved the world over. Everyone knows that Labs are totally affable dogs and we’d like to share even more knowledge about them. Continue reading this intriguing information about the treasured Labrador Retriever and understand why people love them so much.
They’re Social and Friendly!
But of course, everyone knows they’re one of the friendliest dog breeds, but did you also know it’s in their genes to be so kind? That’s right. They were bred as both a friendly companion as well as a working partner. They have the stamina to work for hours.
Because of their friendly personalities, they are the perfect fit for families. They’re goofy and gentle and can handle children of all ages. They have been rated by the American Kennel Club as one of the top kid-friendly dog breeds. They have the energy to run long distances and play for substantial amounts of time with adults and kids!
Their Fishy History!
Lab puppies served as useful companions for fishermen. They were gladly put to work. Some of their duties included hauling nets, getting those nets into the water, and retrieving fish from the cold waters of the North Atlantic. The fishermen deemed their companionship and services as irreplaceable, and couldn’t have imagined working without them by their sides. Their hardworking nature has also contributed to why they’ve become one of the most popular breeds in the United States and many other places across the world.
Their Pleasant Presence!
Lab puppies have been raised to be emotional companions as well as excellent therapy dogs. Because they are so intelligent, they are also used to assist disabled people and even during rescue missions with local and federal police departments.
It comes as no surprise that Labrador Retrievers are such treasured dogs in the world. If you are looking for loving Lab puppies, you have come to the right place! We will help you with this important decision and give you advice on the next steps. Contact us today!
How to Make Sure Your Bulldog Stays Healthy Throughout Its Entire Lifetime
Are you a new pet owner? This is one of the most exciting times of your life. Handling a furry friend can be pretty simple as long as you create a healthy routine for your little guy that you stay committed to following. Caring for a dog is not for everyone, it requires a lot of responsibility and patience with an animal that cannot formally communicate with you in your language. This can be tricky, but do not worry. We have some tips for you to make sure you keep your dog extremely healthy throughout its lifetime. Not all Bulldog breeders in GA will tell you exactly how to care for your animal which is vital information that you are obligated to know. Here is how to make sure you keep your Bulldog healthy throughout its entire lifetime.
1. Regular walks. Bulldogs are not equipped for super long walks like other dogs. These dogs have their limit on how far they are able and willing to walk with their owners. The most important part of walking your dog is making sure that you walk them around the same time every day. They can become pretty agitated if they do not get a walk around the same time they’ve been walked on previous days. Interacting with an outdoor environment will help them stay extremely happy and alert of their surroundings.
2. Take them in for vaccines. You do not want your puppy to get sick because the pain you’ll have to watch them go through will be excruciating to you. Georgia requires that any pet 3 months of age are vaccinated against rabies. This is not only important for the health of your dog but also a safety precaution for you as their owner as well. It is also important that you take your dog in to get checked for things like heartworms and fleas so they are not in any discomfort.
3. Control food proportions. Puppies should be given about cups of food at least three times a day. Once your puppy gets about 6 months old they should be fed a full cup of food twice a day. It is important that you control this because you do not want to risk overfeeding your dog or underfeeding your dog, both being extremely damaging to their health.
It can be extremely exciting to be a new pet owner especially a new owner of a Bulldog. These little guys are extremely affectionate and charismatic pets. It is important however that you take these steps to ensure the longevity of your pets’ livelihood. Enjoy the time you have with your new friend!
Reasons to Take Your Dog On Your Spring-cation
Are you planning a trip this spring break but have no idea if you should bring your dog along? We do not suggest that you leave your puppy alone ever. If you do not decide to take your dog on your trip make sure to hire a dog sitter to look after your pup. If you are like most average Americans the price of hiring a dog sitter can be extremely expensive and not exactly in your budget. That is just one reason why you should bring your dog, especially small dog breeds, on your spring-cation. Here are some other reasons why you should consider taking your large or small dog breeds with you on your trip.
1. Puppies can get lonely just like humans. One of the conditions dogs suffer from while being away from their owner is separation anxiety. Dogs tend to build really close bonds with their owners and if they are left alone for too long they may get very anxious and worried about your return. Dogs that are left alone for long periods of time become more upset than a lot of people realize.
2. The lack of social interaction can be damaging to their ability to interact with others. Just like humans learn norms and appropriate social behavior through their environments dogs do this too. They are extremely social animals that learn rules through interactions with their environment. If you aren’t there to reinforce good behavior they won’t understand what behavior you wanted from them.
3. You will feel better about their safety if they are with you. It can be extremely difficult to find a dogsitter to trust with your small dog breeds. Not every dog sitter is there to give uninterrupted attention to your animal.
Sometimes it is best to bring your large or small dog breeds with you on your vacations so you can enjoy your vacation without stressing about your dog’s well-being. It is important that your small dog breeds are with someone they trust. We are skilled and filled with answers about separation anxiety. Contact us today for more information.
Too Cute Teacup Puppies
You’ve seen these really tiny dogs and probably assumed they were puppies, but in actuality, you were cooing at fully grown teacup puppies! They’ve been popularized by Hollywood and they are here to stay! So what are they exactly? Extremely small dogs are unofficially referred to as teacup puppies. And yes, you’re right if you think that the name is associated with an actual teacup. They’re small enough to fit in one. They may also be referred to as micro-dogs, as well.
What’s the history of teacup puppies?
Teacup puppies are both the result of intentional and unintentional breeding and some are runts of the litter. A lot of people tend to lump toy and teacup puppies together and they simply think that toy dogs are a new phenomenon. In actually, it’s the teacup puppies that are new.
Toy dogs are documented as far as 12,000 B.C. Back then, several breeds were created in different sizes to serve different purposes. For instance, some of the toy dogs were bred to be everything from pet companions to hunters and even to watchdogs. Also during those times, some toy and small dogs were domesticated and used as food or fur sources, while others were strictly treasured by their human families and used as companions. The latter was especially true for the wealthy.
Why weren’t there any teacup puppies during those times? The answer is simple. It was impractical and difficult to care for them, because of their size and fragility.
What the most popular teacup dogs? The most popular teacup puppies are:
- Yorkshire Terrier
- Shih Tzu
How do you take care of your teacup puppy?
Feed your teacup puppies a healthy diet always. It should be one that’s very rich in fiber. Purchase canned or dry foods that contain ingredients like eggs, chicken, fruits, veggies, and omega 3 fatty acids. Stay current on visits to your vet. Brush your pup’s teeth regularly. Allow teacup puppies get sufficient rest. Provide a comfortable bed for your teacup puppy. Teacup puppies actually need about 14 hours of sleep each day!
Teacup puppies can live healthy and happy lives if matched with the right pet owners who can properly care for and love them. If teacup puppies sound like the right kind of dogs for you, let us know!
Best Dogs for Spring Activities
Are you planning a super fun spring break activity this year? These trips can be extra fun and exciting if you decide to bring a companion along. All you have to do is search for puppies for sale near me and talk to one of our workers. They will help pair you with a dog that enjoys the same activity that you are planning to go out and do this spring break. There are many activities to take part in during the spring. Depending on which activities you like to do you may want to consider looking for specific dog breeds. There are certain dogs that really enjoy some of these adventures so, here are some of the best activities that these breeds would really enjoy taking part in.
1. Going on a fishing trip? If you enjoy fishing and have planned an awesome fishing trip this spring you may want to consider buying a Golden Retriever. These dogs really enjoy water and time spent with their owners. They are patient and friendly animals and will provide a great sense of comfort while you are waiting for your next catch.
2. Going hiking? One of the best hiking trail companions is the Siberian Husky. These dogs love being out in nature and are excellent tour guides. These dogs have very intelligent senses and will warn you if there is a possibility that you may be heading into trouble. These dogs are super protective which is very comforting while you’re on a hike.
3. Traveling abroad? If you have managed to plan far enough ahead of time for a trip to a different country this year and get affordable tickets you should consider bringing a Yorkshire Terrier with you. These dogs are excellent traveling companions. They are not hard to travel with at all. In fact, these dogs remain really calm on airplanes and are small enough to fit in a travel size dog bag.
If you have planned a super awesome spring break activity but need a companion, consider some of the dogs listed above. These dogs are great friends and incredible at building bonds with their owners. These are some of the most loving dogs that will make sure you feel comfortable and safe during your trip. All you have to do is search puppies for sale near me and look for these dog breeds listed above.