The Pomeranian is a cocky, animated companion with an extroverted personality. This compact little dog is an active toy breed with an alert character and fox-like expression. Today, the Pomeranian is a popular companion dog and competitive show dog. They can come in all colors, patterns, and variations although orange and red are the most popular.
The breeds name originally came from the historical region of Pomerania (now present day Germany and Poland). Originally weighing nearly 30 pounds, the dog served as an able herder of sheep in its larger form. In 1888, Queen Victoria fell in love with a Pomeranian in Florence, Italy, and brought the specimen back to England, influencing its popularity dramatically.
Pomeranians are very intelligent dogs that love to please. Because of their outgoing temperaments, they can be very good family dogs with the right training. Due to their small size they dont require much exercise, but are an energetic breed that needs attention from their people frequently. Pomeranians need a firm hand with training.
- Toy Group; AKC recognized in 1888.
- Ranging in size from4 to12 pounds, with the ideal weight for the show specimen being 4 to9 pounds.
- Bred down from sled and herding dogs, companion.
- Apartment is fine because of small size
- Very active indoors.
- Be careful in hot weather because of hair coat.
- Daily light exercise.
- Regular brushing because of long hair coat
- Moderate to heavy shedding.
Do you think a Pomeranian puppy might be right for you and your family? Check out our available puppies page to see all our Pomeranian puppies for sale!VIEW AVAILABLE PUPPIES
Are you interested in purchasing a Pomeranian?
Oops! We could not locate your form.